Friday, January 1, 2010

ANOTHER TRAGIC DEATH

My first post in the New Year 2010 comes with some sad news. I just read about the tragic death in a car accident of one of my theology companions in Kristu Jyoti College. Fr. Nicholas Lakshman SDB, known as  Nethasinghe, was the vicar to the Superior of the Vice-Province of Sri Lanka. In the last few months I have often remembered him in my conversations with the theology students from his Vice-Province who study in Sacred Heart Theological College, Mawlai. Fond memories remain of a dedicated and convinced religious who was always cheerfully going about his business of personal formation. There is a report of his accident here.

For now the least we can do is to whisper a prayer and ask the Lord to welcome Nethasinghe into His Heavenly Abode.

No comments:

WELCOME PEOPLE....RELAX...READ ON...